Cooktop Cove: Press pie dough into a slow cooker to create a decadent dessert you can't resist
Any recipe that affords a moment or two of rest in the kitchen while rendering a mouthwatering dish is a keeper, and this recipe for slow cooker pecan pie is no exception. Surprisingly simple, it's an incredibly impressive contribution to any special-occasion spread. This recipe calls for only a few steps and 10 minutes of prep time — easy enough to involve the little ones in making!
Just press basic pie dough into the bottom of a slow cooker and top it off with a simply delicious (and deliciously simple) homemade pecan pie filling. Only eight basic ingredients produce a dessert so sumptuous, you'll be inundated with requests for the recipe!
Slow cooker pecan pie
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours, 10 minutes
15 ounces (425 grams) pie dough (refrigerated or premade)
1 cup (128 grams) granulated sugar
1/2 cup (64 grams) light brown sugar
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups (250 grams) chopped pecans
1. Spray the bottom of a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray, or grease well with butter.
2. Place the pie dough into the bottom of the slow cooker and spread out well, pressing any excess dough up the sides of the pot.
3. Combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, melted butter, salt, vanilla and eggs with a handful of the chopped pecans.
Spread over the pie dough.
4. Sprinkle the rest of the pecans on top of the pie.
5. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 3 hours, or until the crust is cooked through.
Tip: To spice things up, add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg to the batter.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove